- How do I get a copy of a birth or death record?
- How do I get a copy of an obituary or death notice?
- How do I get a library card?
- How many items can I check out at a time?
- Do I have to return items to the library where I checked them out?
- How can I make a donation or gift to the library?
- I have forgotten my PIN. How can I reset it?
- How do I change the address on my library account?
- How do I access databases and other online resources from home?
- Does the library offer test proctoring services?
- How do I find out about jobs at the library?
- Can I volunteer at the library?
The Saint Paul Public Library does not have birth or death records in its collection. To obtain copies of birth or death records, contact:
- Death Records from 1997 to present for the entire state of Minnesota
- Death Records from 1870 to present (approximately) for Ramsey County
Minnesota Historical Society
Use the Obituary Request service from the Minnesota Historical Society
Information about getting a Saint Paul Public Library card or registering your Minnesota library card at the Saint Paul Public Library.
Up to 100 items may be checked out per library card. Limits for specific formats are:
- Audiobooks on tape or CD: 12
- Downloadable eAudiobooks: 12
- eBooks from Cloud Library: 10
- eBooks from OverDrive: 10
- Music CDs: 12
- DVDs: 12
- Museum Adventure Pass: limit of 1 per card per week
You may return items to any Saint Paul Public Library location. When a library is closed, materials may be put in after-hours book returns.
Go to the My Account screen and click the "Forgot Your PIN?" button. Enter your name and barcode to have a PIN reset form sent to your email address.
Library staff can clear your PIN so you can set a new one, but they cannot see your PIN.
Address changes need to made in person at a Saint Paul Public Library location.
Please bring your card and a current picture ID with name and current address or a current picture ID and a piece of recently received mail with your name and current address. More information about library cards ...
If you are outside of the library, you can access most of the library's online resources by using your name, library card number, and PIN:
Many of our online resources are also available through the Electronic Library for Minnesota.
Read information on test delivery at the library.
All hiring for the Saint Paul Public Library system is handled by the City of Saint Paul Human Resources Department, 400 City Hall Annex, 25 W. 4th St., Saint Paul, MN 55102.
Current job openings for the City are listed at http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/jobs. A recorded list is available at 651-266-6502.
Application information, rates of pay, and other related information are also available from the Human Resources Department's website.
Read about volunteering for the library.