Hamline Midway Library History

Hamline Library was opened in 1930, and has been in its same location ever since. The Library was made possible through funding from Judge Henry Hale, who also supported the opening of the Merriam Park library that year.

To differentiate it from the library at Hamline University, the public library has been known as "Hamline Midway" since 2001.

Photo Album

Hamline Library in its early days

 

Hamline Library in its early days.

1963 LP records at Hamline Library 1963 display of LP records that could be checked out at the Hamline Library.
Hamline Library - 1965 Hamline Library - 1965
Hamline Library 1979 Hamline Library - 1979
Hamline Library 1979 Hamline Library - 1979