Service and Delivery Fees for microfilm searches and mailing or faxing library materials
Effective August 1, 2005:
In order to provide services to customers who cannot visit the Saint Paul Public Library, the following fees are charged for mailing or faxing copies of library materials.
Microfilm City Directory or Newspaper Research
$15.00 per search request
Each search counts as a separate request. Includes, but is not limited to:
- Obituary notices
- Birth/death notices
- Newspaper article searches
- City directory research. Five years of city directory searching counts as one request. Staff will search for up to 5 years of city directories. Please note that pages from print city directories may not be photocopied.
The $15.00 fee includes standard mail/fax fees.
Please note: As with all Saint Paul Public Library service fees, the fees are for staff time and not for the information supplied. Therefore, microfilm/microfiche search fees will be charged even if the information is not located.
Staff will search for obituaries and birth announcements within one week of a date provided by the customer.
If no date is provided, staff will use available tools to determine a date.
If no date can be determined, customers may need to conduct the search themselves or obtain microfilm through their local library's interlibrary loan services.
Microfilm borrowed by Saint Paul Public Library customers through interlibrary loan can be viewed at the George Latimer Central Library.
Mailing or Faxing Library Materials
- $5.00 for 1 - 5 pages
- Additional pages are $.25 per page (additional color copies are $1.00 per page)
Faxing or sending library material to a Saint Paul Public Library branch
- $.15 per page for photocopied articles
- $.25 per page for articles printed from microfilm
- $.75 per page for color photocopies
Long Distance Fax or International Mail
- $5.00 surcharge