Reading suggestions from Saint Paul Public Library staff.
This month: Science fiction by women authors.
Subscribe to this and other book lists by e-mail.
- April - Poetry: recent works and a few old favorites.
- March - Gothic fiction.
- February - Graphic novels and fiction featuring African-American protagonists and authors.
- January - 15 books to carry you through the winter.
- December - Teen books featuring people of color as protagonists.
- November - Books set in the British Isles.
- October - The interplay between reality and fiction, art and life, and the real world and the world of dreams.
- September - Some formative favorites.
- Summer - Poetry and thrillers.
- May - Fantasy and science fiction (and more).
- April - Young Adult and New Adult genre stories.
- March - Humorous mysteries, historical fiction and mysteries, children's and teen literature with quirky characters, romantic comedies and suspense.
- February - Minnesota authors and books set in Minnesota.
- January - Anders from George Latimer Central Library picks 20 fun favorites.
- December - Fiction about the immigrant experience.
- November - Amy from Merriam Park picks some favorites.
- October - Mara from Merriam Park (and Hennepin County Library!) picks her favorites.
- September - Novels set in the Southwest.
- August - 25 books you might enjoy, selected by the library's Reader's Advisory Committee
- July - We like big books.
- May - Middle-grade and young adult literature.
- April - Books about mountain climbing.
- March - The "double-take list": amusing titles that need to be investigated further.
- February - Quirky characters and novels.
- January - Karen from Rice Street reads 11 books from her home bookshelves.
- November/December - Humorous travel memoirs, Minnesota Book Award authors, and other recommended titles.
- October - "Teen" books for adults / "Adult" books for teens.
- August/September - Book club suggestions.
- July - "If Only They Could Talk" -- books with nonhuman narrators.
- May/June - "Tartan noir" and Scottish mysteries
- April - "Find a Book on Facebook" suggestions.
- March - Mystery and travel.
- February - Staff favorites.
- January -Science fiction and fantasy.
- December - Books for winter.
- November - Young adult nonfiction that both teens and adults will love.
- October - Steampunk books.
- August/September - Favorite "local" books.
- July - "Foodie" books.
- June - First books in some favorite book series.
- April/May - Spring reads.
- March - Scandinavian mysteries.