Reading suggestions from Saint Paul Public Library staff.
This month: Books set in the British Isles.
Subscribe to this and other book lists by e-mail.
- October 2015 - The interplay between reality and fiction, art and life, and the real world and the world of dreams.
- September 2015 - Some formative favorites.
- Summer 2015 - Poetry and thrillers.
- May 2015 - Fantasy and science fiction (and more).
- April 2015 - Young Adult and New Adult genre stories.
- March 2015 - Humorous mysteries, historical fiction and mysteries, children's and teen literature with quirky characters, romantic comedies and suspense.
- February 2015 - Minnesota authors and books set in Minnesota.
- January 2015 - Anders from George Latimer Central Library picks 20 fun favorites.
- December 2014 - Fiction about the immigrant experience.
- November 2014 - Amy from Merriam Park picks some favorites.
- October 2014 - Mara from Merriam Park (and Hennepin County Library!) picks her favorites.
- September 2014 - Novels set in the Southwest.
- August 2014 - 25 books you might enjoy, selected by the library's Reader's Advisory Committee
- July 2014 - We like big books.
- May 2014 - Middle-grade and young adult literature.
- April 2014 - Books about mountain climbing.
- March 2014 - The "double-take list": amusing titles that need to be investigated further.
- February 2014 - Quirky characters and novels.
- January 2014 - Karen from Rice Street reads 11 books from her home bookshelves.
- November/December 2013 - Humorous travel memoirs, Minnesota Book Award authors, and other recommended titles.
- October 2013 - "Teen" books for adults / "Adult" books for teens.
- August/September 2013 - Book club suggestions.
- July 2013 - "If Only They Could Talk" -- books with nonhuman narrators.
- May/June 2013 - "Tartan noir" and Scottish mysteries
- April 2013 - "Find a Book on Facebook" suggestions.
- March 2013 - Mystery and travel.
- February 2013 - Staff favorites.
- January 2013 -Science fiction and fantasy.
- December 2012 - Books for winter.
- November 2012 - Young adult nonfiction that both teens and adults will love.
- October 2012 - Steampunk books.
- August/September 2012 - Favorite "local" books.
- July 2012 - "Foodie" books.
- June 2012 - First books in some favorite book series.
- April/May 2012 - Spring reads.
- March 2012 - Scandinavian mysteries.