Reading suggestions from Saint Paul Public Library staff.
This month, Tracy from Hayden Heights shares some of her favorite quirky characters and novels. Who can resist a character who’s just a little more offbeat than you expected, or a storyline that takes an unexpected yet memorable turn?
Subscribe to this and other book lists by e-mail.
- January 2014 - Karen from Rice Street reads 11 books from her home bookshelves.
- November/December 2013 - Humorous travel memoirs, Minnesota Book Award authors, and other recommended titles.
- October 2013 - "Teen" books for adults / "Adult" books for teens.
- August/September 2013 - Book club suggestions.
- July 2013 - "If Only They Could Talk" -- books with nonhuman narrators.
- May/June 2013 - "Tartan noir" and Scottish mysteries
- April 2013 - "Find a Book on Facebook" suggestions.
- March 2013 - János from Rice Street Library shares some favorite books featuring mystery and travel.
- February 2013 - Staff favorites.
- January 2013 - Melissa from Central Library shares her all-time favorite picks for science fiction and fantasy.
- December 2012 - Heather from Rondo shares books for winter.
- November 2012 - Jen from Hayden Heights shares young adult nonfiction that both teens and adults will love.
- October 2012 - Andrea from Central Library shares a list of steampunk books.
- August/September 2012 - Karen from Rice Street Library shares some favorite "local" books.
- July 2012 - Doris from Central Library shares "foodie" books.
- June 2012 - Tracy from Arlington Hills Library shares the first books in some of her favorite book series.
- April/May 2012 - Therese from the Community & Digital Services office shares great spring reads.
- March 2012 - Barb from Highland Park Library shares great Scandinavian mysteries.