Learn a new language, prepare for tests, improve your skills, learn how to build websites and apps, and more!
Study at your own pace and keep track of your progress.
Access at home or on the go with your library card.
Learn a New Language
Transparent Language Online is an effective, fun and engaging way to learn over 80 languages.
Learn language essentials and expand your vocabulary. After you have registered, you will also have access to a free mobile app that will help you study and keep your language skills fresh while on the go.
Learn Technology Skills
Treehouse is an interactive learning platform that teaches you how to build websites, create mobile apps and program using coding languages.
Follow along with projects through short videos, code challenges, and quizzes.
Study for Tests and Learn New Skills
Learning Express Library - practice tests, tutorials, skill-building courses, and e-books for school, careers, citizenship, and more.
- Adult Learning Center -- basic skills and citizenship.
- Career Center -- professional exams, military (ASVAB), and more.
- Computer Skills Center -- interactive video tutorials to help you master computer and Internet basics and popular software programs.
- Job and Career Accelerator -- explore careers, search for jobs, create resumes and cover letters, and more.
- High School Equivalency Center (GED).
- College Preparation Center -- ACT, SAT, and more.
- Recuros para Hispanohablantes -- Spanish language resources.
- College Center -- strengthen your academic skills.
- School Center -- boost your skills in core subjects.
Upgrade Your Computer Skills
More online learning at your own pace, available for free from these websites.
Write your first computer program! Learn an "hour of code" and find links to take you beyond the first hour.
Partners with top universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.
An extensive library of content, including interactive challenges, assessments, and videos covering math, biology, chemistry, physics, finance, and history.