Note: The George Latimer Central Library is closed for renovations . While the library is closed, the Saint Paul Collection will not be accessible.
The collection includes:
- Biography Clippings File 
- City Directories 
- Newspapers on Microfilm 
- City documents, including the charter, code, laws, and ordinances
- City Council proceedings
- City budget materials and annual reports
- Reports from the Schools and Libraries
- Police and Fire Department reports and histories
- Visitor's Guides to Saint Paul and the region
- Biographies of famous St. Paul residents
- Winter Carnival scrapbooks
- High School Yearbooks
- Other materials related to Saint Paul history
Saint Paul Public Library Collections on Minnesota Reflections 
Digitzed images of maps and documents about the history of Saint Paul.
Central Library Construction 
Photographs of the construction of the Central Library and James J. Hill Library, 1914-1917. Besides the library, photographs are rich in other details of the late 1910's.
Library Beacon 
"The Library Beacon" was published under the direction of Webster Wheelock, Library Director, "to give the people of St. Paul information about their Library -- what it is doing, what it hopes to do, and the many ways it serves individuals, different interests, groups and different activities." Published 1929-1936.
Maps and Atlases
1891 - 1896 Atlas of Saint Paul, 1891 - 1896 
Highly detailed plat book of Saint Paul. Published in 1891 and revised with pencil marks and cut-outs through 1896. The atlas is divided into 4 volumes, detailing different parts of the City and the surrounding area.
1925 - 1927 Aerial Photographic Atlas 
Aerial photographs of Saint Paul taken between 1925 and 1927 and a corresponding atlas of streets and other features of the city.
Maps of Saint Paul, Ramsey County, and Minnesota
Map names, sizes, years of publication, and map cabinet location: