Reading tutors are still needed for the Read With Me and Reading to Achieve programs.
Complete an application at the library or call 651-266-7437.
One-To-One Reading Help
Free, one-to-one reading tutoring programs.
- Develop reading and writing skills.
- Build an enjoyment of reading.
- Become active and engaged readers.
- Dive deeper into an understanding of what is read.
Meeting and Reading
- Participants meet for one hour per week.
- Students must attend their weekly meeting for at least one semester.
- A parent or guardian is expected to remain in the library during each tutoring session.
To apply, please fill out the student application .
- Applications for the 2013-14 school year will be accepted August 1-October 15, 2013.
- Space is limited!
To volunteer, please fill out a volunteer tutoring application .
- Tutors must commit to meeting each week for one hour sessions for at least one semester. A yearlong commitment is preferred.
- All tutoring sessions meet at a Saint Paul Public Library.
- Proficient in reading and writing.
- Keen interest in helping children succeed.
- Tutors must be at least 17 years old.
- A background check is required before beginning the program.
- Tutors are encouraged to attend a three-hour session where they will learn basic teaching techniques and activities.
- Other training opportunities are presented to tutors through the school year.