Forms & Publications
- IRS.gov - Federal tax forms and publications 
- Minnesota Department of Revenue 
- Forms at the library
Tax Help at the Library
AARP volunteers offer assistance with electronic filing of your tax forms at several library locations.
Please remember to bring all relevant information (all W-2 slips, Social Security card, etc.) with you. See below for detailed requirements for tax help.
A limited number of people may be served per location per day. There is no guarantee that the volunteers will be able to serve everyone in the time allotted.
Tax forms are available in paper and online, but library staff cannot help you choose forms, fill out forms or offer tax advice.
Tax Help Sites, Dates and Times
Tax help service has a limited capacity and is available on a first-come, first-served basis, with exceptions noted below.
Central Library 
February 4 - April 15, 2014
Tuesdays and Fridays, 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Hayden Heights 
February 4 - April 8, 2014
Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m
February 8 - April 12, 2014
Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
West 7th  (Community Center)
By appointment only. Please call 651-298-5493 to make an appointment.
February 5 - April 14, 2014
Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 - 11 a.m.
In order to receive this free service, you are required to provide the following:
- Valid picture ID - state driver's license or state ID or current passport.
- Social Security card or ITIN card for self and all dependents to be claimed.
- Date of birth for self and all dependents to be claimed.
You will be required to sign a form listing your address, phone, date of birth, and social security number.
For tax preparation assistance, please bring:
- 2012 tax return
- W-2 forms
- Records of all income, including unemployment benefits, bank or mutual fund interest, pension or other retirement plan payments
- Forms of all government assistance and payments Social Security, Social Security Disability (SSDI), and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
For itemizing, bring:
- Statement of property tax paid
- Form 1099-D (dividends)
- Form 1099 INT (interest income)
- Form 1098 (mortgage interest statement)
- All documentation on home improvement loans, school loans, medical costs, school costs and supplies, and charity donations
For property tax refund, please bring:
- (Homeowners) Statement of Property Tax Payable
- (Renters) Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) from your landlord
- Non-English speakers must bring their own interpreters.
- Preparers will do one year's return per visit. If timeis available, there can be help with returns from the previous two years.
- All tax forms will be filed electronically.
Free Tax Preparation Sites  (Minnesota Department of Revenue)
Qualifying taxpayers can get free help preparing their federal and state income tax returns at locations across Minnesota. Find more information and sites.
Free Tax Preparation for You by Volunteers 
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify. Find program information and sites near you.
Most libraries carry the current year's basic federal and Minnesota tax forms. Forms for the current year usually arrive at the libraries in mid-February. Contact the library  if you are looking for a specific form.