Forms & Publications
- Federal forms and publications  (IRS.gov)
- Minnesota Department of Revenue 
- Libraries that carry tax forms
Tax Help at the Library
AARP volunteers offer assistance with electronic filing of your tax forms at several library locations.
Please remember to bring all relevant information (all W-2 slips, Social Security card, etc.) with you. See below for detailed requirements for tax help.
A limited number of people may be served per location per day. There is no guarantee that the volunteers will be able to serve everyone in the time allotted.
Tax forms are available in paper and online, but library staff cannot help you choose forms, fill out forms or offer tax advice.
Tax Help Sites, Dates and Times
Tax help service is on a "first-come, first-served" basis, with exceptions noted below.
Central Library 
February 8 - April 12
Tuesdays and Fridays, 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Hayden Heights 
February 5 - April 9
Tuesdays, 12 noon - 4 p.m
February 9 - April 13
Saturdays, 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Sun Ray 
By appointment only. Please call 651-501-6300 to make an appointment.
February 8 - April 15
Mondays, 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m
Fridays, 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
West 7th  (Community Center)
By appointment only. Please call 651-298-5493 to make and appointment.
February 4 - April 15
Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
In order to receive this free service, you are required to provide the following:
- Valid picture ID - state driver's license or state ID or current passport.
- Social Security card or ITIN card for self and all dependents to be claimed.
- Date of birth for self and all dependents to be claimed.
You will be required to sign a form listing your address, phone, date of birth, and social security number.
For tax preparation assistance, please bring:
- W-2 forms
- Records of all income, including unemployment benefits, bank or mutual fund interest, pension or other retirement plan payments
- Forms of all government assistance and payments -- Social Security, Social Security Disability (SSDI), and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Last year's tax return
For itemizing, bring:
- Statement of property tax paid in 2012
- Form 1099-D (dividends)
- Form 1099 INT (interest income)
- Form 1098 (mortgage interest statement)
- All documentation on home improvement loans, school loans, medical costs, school costs and supplies, and charity donations
For property tax refund, please bring:
- (Homeowners) Statement of Property Tax Payable in 2013
- (Renters) Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) from your landlord
- Non-English speakers must bring their own interpreters.
- Preparers will do ONE year's return per visit.
- All tax forms will be filed electronically.
Tax Preparation Assistance
AccountAbility Minnesota 
Get free tax assistance, learn how to grow your refund and start financially planning for a secure future for yourself and your family.
Call ahead if you are looking for a specific form! Forms usually arrive at the libraries in early-mid February.
Libraries with basic federal and Minnesota tax forms:
- Central Library 
- Dayton's Bluff 
- Hamline Midway 
- Hayden Heights 
- Highland Park 
- Merriam Park 
- Rice Street 
- Riverview 
- Rondo 
- Sun Ray 
- West 7th 
Libraries with basic Minnesota forms: