June 2 - September 2, 2016
Summer Spark encourages kids to have fun, stay active, and keep learning all summer long.
Join in the fun by attending free programs at your library and earning prizes by completing reading and activity challenges!
Learn for Prizes
Kids can earn book prizes and be entered into drawings for prizes by reading (alone or with someone else) and/or completing fun activities.
Prizes include family memberships to the Minnesota Science Museum or the Minnesota Children's Museum.
Kick off Summer Spark at:
- Rondo Library, Wednesday, June 15, 2:00 p.m. 
- Merriam Park Library, Saturday, June 25, 12:00 noon - 2:00 p.m. 
Attend free, fun programs at all Saint Paul Public Library locations , all summer long!
- Arlington Hills 
- Dayton's Bluff 
- George Latimer Central Library 
- Hamline Midway 
- Hayden Heights 
- Highland Park 
- Merriam Park 
- Rice Street 
- Riverview 
- Rondo 
- Saint Anthony Park 
- Sun Ray 
- West 7th 
Extend the Learning
Extend the Summer Spark challenge!
- Birth to K  book recommendations
- Grade School  book recommendations
- Additional Summer Spark challenges 
Read and/or complete activities to earn a free book and be entered into drawings for prizes like Chipotle or local movie theater gift cards.
Family Read Down
During the month of June, you can read down your fines and fees by reading in the library!
Read down $1 for every 15 minutes of reading. Ask your librarian for the details!
Summer Spark is supported by:
- The Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library
- Star Tribune
- Minnesota State Fair
- Minnesota Twins
- Ecolab Foundation
- Carl Benson Endowment
- Lillian Wright and C. Emil Berglund Foundation
- Elizabeth Biorn Endowment
- Ethel Ridgway Endowments
- Kowalski’s Markets
- Staples Foundation
- Pioneer Press
- Red Balloon Bookshop
- Dollar General Literacy Foundation