Meet new people... Build self-confidence...
Add to your marketable skills... Volunteer at the library!
- Adopt-A-Shelf - help keep the library looking neat!
- Book Mending - help repair covers and torn pages!
- Collectors' Corner Trading Place  - talk with kids about nature at the Rice Street Library .
- Computer classes and labs - assist with or teach basic computer skills.
- English Conversation Circles - lead discussion groups with English language learners.
- Gardening - plant and maintain flowers and plants on library grounds.
- Homework Center  - tutor and mentor students of all ages.
- Read with Me - one-to-one tutoring for students in grades 1-3.
- Reading to Achieve  - one-to-one tutoring for students in grades 4-8.
- Library programs and events - assist at programs with set-up, greeting and directing visitors.
- Summer Reading Program  - assist library staff in signing up participants, checking reading logs, and distributing prizes
- Support AARP tax preparation  volunteers - greet participants, verify ID and tax documents (special training required)
- and more!
Visit the library to apply!
- Volunteers must be 12 years of age or older.
- If you are under age 18, you must have a parent or guardian sign your application.
- Volunteers applying to work with youth must agree to a background check by the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office.
For more information, to receive an application, or to discuss volunteer opportunities, contact the Library's volunteer coordinator: