We connect people in Saint Paul with the imperative and the joy of learning through a lifetime.
We are a cornerstone of a thriving city: welcoming people of all ages and cultures; strengthening neighborhoods and learning networks; and inspiring all with the world of ideas.
We Advance Saint Paul's Learning Priorities
- Every child ready for K
- Student success in school and life
- Essential workforce skills
We Are Sound Stewards of Public and Private Funds
- Library resources aligned with key community partners
- Leverage collective impact and learning networks
- Fulfill Public Service Promise 
- Welcoming, respectful, and equitable service
- A customer-centered public environment
- Attentive, skilled staff
- Personalized service
Our Libraries Are Active Centers of Engaged Communities
- Residents engaged in neighborhood, cultural, and civic life
- Volunteers and mentors strengthen library service and neighborhoods
How did we come up with our mission, vision, and strategies? Read about the 2010 Strategic Planning process .