Take a Bite Out of Fines!
Got fines? Read them away! During October, anyone ages 12-18 can read down fines and billed items from their Saint Paul Public Library cards.
Here's how it works:
- Read in the library.
- Sign in at the start of your reading time, and sign out at the end.
- Read print media only (books, comics, magazines, newspapers, textbooks, etc.). If participants can’t read on their own, time spent listening to audiobooks or being read to also counts.
- For every 15 minutes spent reading, earn one dollar off in fines or fees.
Read Down credits can be applied to fines, bills, and library card replacement fees. They may not be used for rental DVDs or rental books, nor fees accrued from rentals. Leftover amounts cannot be applied to future charges.
Read Down goals are:
- To reinforce the importance and (quite literally) the value of reading.
- To remove obstacles to teens to using the library for both academic and personal development.