The Saint Anthony Park Branch Library was constructed in 1917, one of three Carnegie libraries to open in Saint Paul that year. The library is considered an icon of its neighborhood.
The St. Anthony Park library was remodeled in 1985 and an addition was added in 1999.
The most recent renovation includes a children's rotunda reading room. This inviting space, combined with a juvenile collection that is funded through a private grant, make Saint Anthony Park a "destination library" for young families, teachers, and class visits.
A park-like lawn with many benches invites patrons to linger with a book.
The library has an active Library Association which has served the community since 1934. The annual Arts Festival, held the first Saturday in June, is their major fundraiser.
The Saint Anthony Park branch library was recently featured in Heart of the Community: the Libraries We Love , a book celebrating beloved libraries nationwide.