Play helps children express themselves and put thoughts into words.
- Allow your child plenty of unstructured play time to foster your child's imagination.
- Encourage him to tell stories with his stuffed animals.
- Explore different ways of moving, such as tiptoeing, hopping, sliding, and stomping.
- Take your child new places so he can see and learn about new things.
- Play outside!
- Give your child the opportunity to play with other children so he can learn about cooperative play.
Denny and Tanner
Every Child Ready to Read® @ your library® is a program of the Association for Library Service to Children and Public Library Association, divisions of the American Library Association. Every Child Ready to Read® @ your library® is a registered trademark and is used with permission.