Reading and writing go together. Demonstrating the value of reading and writing lays a foundation for the desire to learn those skills.
- Provide opportunities to draw, write, and develop fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Write captions about your child's drawings.
- Have your child help you write the grocery list.
- Help your child learn the first letter of his name and then point it out whenever you see it. Then do this for the rest of the letters in his name.
- Encourage your child to write his name.
- Write stories together.