December 24 - 25: All locations closed.
December 26:
Dayton's Bluff and West 7th libraries closed.
The Bookmobile will be out of service December 22 - January 2.

Tax Information and Help

Forms & Publications

Tax Help at the Library

AARP volunteers offer assistance with electronic filing of your tax forms at several library locations.

Please remember to bring all relevant information (all W-2 slips, Social Security card, etc.) with you. See below for detailed requirements for tax help.

A limited number of people may be served per location per day. There is no guarantee that the volunteers will be able to serve everyone in the time allotted.

Tax forms are available in paper and online, but library staff cannot help you choose forms, fill out forms or offer tax advice.

Tax Help Sites, Dates and Times

West 7th Community Center
For tax help information, please call the West 7th Community Center at 651-298-5493.


In order to receive this free service, you are required to provide the following:

  • Valid picture ID - state driver's license or state ID or current passport.
  • Social Security card or ITIN card for self and all dependants to be claimed.
  • Date of birth for self and all dependants to be claimed.

You will be required to sign a form listing your address, phone, date of birth, and social security number.

For tax preparation assistance, please bring:

  • Last year's tax return form
  • W-2 forms
  • Records of all income, including unemployment benefits, bank or mutual fund interest, pension or other retirement plan payments
  • Forms of all government assistance and payments Social Security, Social Security Disability (SSDI), and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

For itemizing, bring:

  • Statement of property tax paid
  • Form 1099-D (dividends)
  • Form 1099 INT (interest income)
  • Form 1098 (mortgage interest statement)
  • All documentation on home improvement loans, school loans, medical costs, school costs and supplies, and charity donations

For property tax refund, please bring:

  • (Homeowners) Statement of Property Tax Payable
  • (Renters) Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) from your landlord

Please Note:

  • Non-English speakers must bring their own interpreters.
  • Preparers will do one year's return per visit. If time is available, there can be help with returns from the previous two years.
  • < li>All tax forms will be filed electronically.

Other Tax Preparation Assistance

AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Locations

Free Tax Preparation Sites (Minnesota Department of Revenue)
Qualifying taxpayers can get free help preparing their federal and state income tax returns at locations across Minnesota. Find more information and sites.

Free Tax Preparation for You by Volunteers
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify. Find program information and sites near you.

Tax Forms at the Library

Most libraries carry the current year's basic federal and Minnesota tax forms. Forms for the current year usually arrive at the libraries in mid-February. Contact the library if you are looking for a specific form.

Other forms may be downloaded from the federal or state websites or photocopied from books of reproducible forms available at libraries at a cost of 15 cents per page.