Power Check Meters can be used with any standard 120-volt appliance or electronic device to:
- Determine the approximate operating cost of appliances and electronics, like refrigerators, room air conditioners and computers.
- Identify your home's high-energy-use appliances.
- Predict your savings in reducing appliance use.
- Calculate the cost savings for replacing older appliances with energy-efficient models.
You may borrow a Power Check Meter for 3 weeks.
You may place holds on Power Check Meters.
Power Check Meters may be renewed up to 2 times, as long as no one else has a hold on them.
One Power Check Meter may be checked out per library card.
Late fees are 30 cents per day, up to a maximum of $10.20.
Power Check Meters must be returned inside the library. They may not be returned in the book drop.
Each Power Check Meter set includes the following:
- 1 electricity watt meter with attached 5 ft. cord
- 1 USB cable
- 1 operator's manual (8 p.)
- 1 instructional manual (12 p.)