For teens, kids, and families:
Got fines or fees?
Read them away! Clear your card for summer reading!
From May 15 through June 15, for every 15 minutes you spend reading in the library, earn a $1 coupon that can be applied toward any current fines, bills, and library card replacement fees.
Coupons may not be used for rental DVDs or rental books, nor fees accrued from rentals.
Coupons may be earned by children, teens, and adults reading with kids or teens.
- Sign in at the beginning of their reading time and sign out at the end.
- Read for 15 minute increments.
- Read in the library.
- Read print media only (books, comics, magazines, newspapers, textbooks, etc.). If participants can't read on their own, time spent listening to audiobooks or being read to also counts.
- Earn a $1.00 coupon for every 15 minutes of reading (no limits to number of coupons earned).
- Adults and kids reading together each earn a $1.00 coupon for every 15 minutes of reading.
The fine print:
- There is no cash value for the coupons.
- Leftover amounts cannot be applied to future charges.
- Coupons are non-transferable. (You can't give them away.)
- Participants need to bring their coupons to the check-out desk by June 16. Coupons expire June 16.
- Libraries may determine if Read Down times are ongoing, or only during certain hours. Find out your library's Read Down times when you sign up.
- Families can participate at any SPPL location, including the Debra S. Fish Library.